Thursday, September 4, 2008

diggin this music


I just got this CD last week, and I'm really digging it. I listen to it when talk radio is on break in my car! I'm such a nerd. It comes from Hillsong in Australia.

My favorite song is From the Inside Out...but another song that has really ministered to me is More to See. The lyrics from Lamentations...

His mercies are new every morning
His mercies are new every day

In A Woman's Heart, we just finished learning about the manna in the desert, how the Israelites had to go out and gather it every morning. What really struck me from this week was how we have to put the effort in to gather up the manna, gather up the mercies of the Lord. Get in the Word, get into prayer, get into laying out everything before the Lord. EVERY DAY. How often do I wonder where God's mercies are...and then I realize that I have not gone out to gather them! Or that I have waited so long and not sought Him on a daily basis.

And then how cool is it that the Creator of the universe wants a daily relationship with me! :)

Sorry if the thoughts are rambling...but I thought a break from politics would be nice :)

Lam. 3:22-24
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.

No comments: