Monday, September 29, 2008

review: south city kitchen

South City Kitchen
@ Vinings
date of visit: 9/22/08

kiwis:
taste: 4
service: 3
ambience: 4

So last week, Ryan took me up on the 25% off South City Kitchen night. I'm soooo glad we went! This restaurant is now on my "Could eat every week" list.

The service was pretty good, but slacked off a little at the end. The ambience is really cool, very classy with a modern edge to it. For appetizers, we got gouda fritters and scallops. Oh. My. Gosh. The gouda fritters are soooo amazing. If you are a melted cheese lover like me, these little balls of goodness will make your life. The scallops were also pretty good, great sear on them. I wasn't really sure about the cucumbers that came with them though. Kind of an odd combo.

We also had a basket of biscuits and cornbread muffins. I don't know why the brought butter, because it was not needed! The little biscuits were so flaky on the outside, and doughy on the inside. They melted in my mouth. Ohhhh. And then corn muffins were also good.

Then our entrees: a vegetable plate (mashed potatoes, green beans, asparagus, butter bean succotash, mac n cheese) for me, and a pimento cheese burger for Ryan. Ryan said "this is the best burger I've ever had." Strong words!!! He said the Old Bay fries were just ok. I was impressed with my veggie plate, it was a lot of food! I especially enjoyed the bean succotash. My only complaint was the amount of green on the plate. Lots of green. But it was delicious green.

Then dessert. Ah, banana pudding. I LOVE banana pudding, and South City Kitchen did not disappoint. The pudding was light and the flavors right on. Yummmm. We also tried a chocolate bread pudding that was verrrry rich. I couldn't eat more than a couple bites. I preferred the banana pudding over the chocolate.

I can't wait to go back! Anyone want to go? :)

1 comment:

Ryan Duckworth said...

I'll always go with you... that burger was AWESOME