Thursday, September 25, 2008

review: Wonderworks


Wonderworks
date of visit: 9/19/08

kiwis:
taste: 2
service: 4
ambience: 4

My dad took me to the Hoot n Holler dinner show at WonderWorks after our hike. It was very interesting to say the least. The building is really cool, upside down outside and in. I think there's an arcade of sorts inside too, but we didn't go there.

We walked into the 5 pm show and sat on the second level near the railing. We had a pretty good view of the stage. Salad and bread were already on the table, which was good because I was starving!! The salad was pretty good, but the bread was really dry & bland. Our server, Ricky, was really cool and was great on getting us refills. Yum, sweet tea. He also had a small narration part in the show, so that was cool.

Then the entertainment began. I really liked the Scraps character and his antics that involved audience members. Some really, really funny stuff...such as:

Taking 4 grown men, seating them on buckets, making them lay in each other laps, removing buckets, then making them hold each other up in agony. One dude was really sagging, his butt was almost on the ground by the end. Hilarious!

Shooting ping pong balls out of his mouth onto a "force field" held by a very scared looking older dude.

Positioning a young boy just so in order for a picking nose photo op.

Spinning plates.


During the show, our food came out. We had an Italian trio: stuffed shells, baked ziti, and chicken parmesan. Not impressed! The one thing I really liked was the stuffed shells, but alas, there was only 1 shell per person :( The chicken parmesan had a really weird taste to it. The baked ziti was only ok. So, that was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I was hungry, and I ate everything on my plate. But it could be drastically improved!

For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake, also a little on the skimpy side. I had 3 strawberries on my cake :(


As far as the singers go...they need some lessons. But I really enjoyed the melodrama at the end.



So if you go to Pigeon Forge...Wonderworks is pretty funny. Don't expect much from the food though. I'll definitely be checking out other dinner shows in the future!

No comments: