Monday, September 22, 2008

review: Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
date of visit: 9/18/08
Knoxville TN location

kiwis:
taste: 4
service: 5
ambience: 3

I was in Knoxville last week visiting my dad, and our first meal was at Mimi's Cafe. It's a chain, but a little more upscale than Applebee's or TGI Friday's. I was really impressed with 2 things: the muffins and the service.

Starting out the service, our waitress was awesome! She was so nice and attentive. I wish I could remember her name, I would totally drop a compliment to the manager. For ambience, it was pretty empty except for a large party with a very hyperactive young boy. At one point he threw a green plastic football at our table and it landed by my head. This isn't really the restaurant's fault but it made my meal a little less enjoyable. For food, we got the potstickers as an appetizer. Oh man, they were good! I really liked the sauce, it had a hint of orange to it. Then I got mahi mahi and my dad got pot roast. I really liked the mahi mahi, but I didn't much like the avocado/artichoke salsa on top of it. The choice was between the salsa and the lemon caper sauce (I hate capers). The salsa was ok but it overpowered the fish, it was really citrus-y and there was too much of it. My dad's pot roast was pretty good, very tender.

Then, we skipped dessert and ordered 4 lemon cream cheese muffins to go. We also had some of the muffins as "bread" before the meal. DELICIOUS. So big and so rich. You have to try one! I'm so glad there's a Mimi's here in ATL so I can keep getting these muffins, and hopefully try a new flavor soon!

2 comments:

Bufyluver said...

I went to Mimi's also this past weekend! I love the muffins! They are awesome!

Tatyana Gann said...

I love those lemon cream cheese muffins. I want to find exact recipe. They were the best muffins I have eaten in a while!

Tatyana