Tuesday, September 30, 2008

links of the day

This is pretty sweet: a Google map of great running trails around Atlanta. It was started by a guy named Dave who used to live & run in Atlanta. It is great because it's a collaborative effort to map all the good running trails. Each point has a length, difficulty rating, and some of them have lengthy descriptions or helpful hints. I am sure I will find this extremely useful in finding new runs and challenges! :) And maybe some day I'll be cool enough to find a trail to add to the map.

Also here is a link to the Atlanta Singles Running Organization public run calendar. A long time ago, when I first started marathon training, I couldn't even consider running with someone. I was so out of shape and so slow! (And actually, I'm still pretty slow. I can just run farther. haha.) But I found this site today and am thinking of meeting up with these runners. Now that I can actually keep up for more than 3 miles :) I really like their motto: run to eat! Is that not so me!?

No comments: