Tuesday, September 30, 2008

fear to peace

I just had a weird moment...I'm sitting here and I look over at CNN and there they are analyzing a piece of paper that looks oh so very familiar. My 401k statement. Not mine specifically. Maybe the news anchor's? I don't know. But it was like a "uhoh - gulp" moment. Oh, there they are on the national news talking about retirement accounts...oh, there's the form I get every quarter. Yeah, it looks exactly like that. Oh yeah, I've lost about as much money as that. Oh gosh.

But then I have to remember...everything on this earth, it won't last. I've been worried, scared, unsure of what to do. Especially yesterday when the market was down 700+ points.

But this morning, in a quiet time of prayer, God changed my heart, and I felt peace. I think I've been as smart as I could be with where I've invested money. There's not much more I can really do but wait it out. And all that I have, possessions, money, everything, it doesn't belong to me. I trust Someone else with it all. So no worries. I'll just take it a day at a time, trusting one day at a time. It will be a growing, stretching experience...which is a blessing. And what if I did lose it all? I have something so much greater to look forward to!

And anyway...just now things are looking up!

Bet you never thought you'd see the tags "economy" "spirituality" and "stock market" all in one post!

No comments: