Wednesday, September 24, 2008

review: Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant

Applewood Farm Restaurant
date of visit: 9/19/08

kiwis:
taste: 3
ambience: 4
service: 4

Mmm. Dad and I stopped for breakfast here (it's tradition!) on the way to the Smokies, but we were too late for breakfast. Sad!

We still got to eat the apple fritters with apple butter. So delicious! They make the trip totally worth it:

Also pictured is the apple julep (apple juice with some other fruit juices).

Our waitress was really nice, and the place was pretty empty (it was a weekday and in between meals). The decor is all countrified and cozy. Think a step up from Cracker Barrel. I got a grilled cheese with fried okra and mac n cheese. Solid. I really liked the bread they used for the grilled cheese. My dad got breakfast, and he enjoyed it, but I think he was expecting more biscuits.


Dad & I outside the Apple Barn gift shop, where you can buy the jars of the apple butter and mixes for apple fritters, apple pancakes...and everything else related to apples.


Breakfast is definitely a must, and the lunch & dinner menu is solid. Yum!

No comments: