Monday, September 15, 2008

Countdown to Victory

I attended the GOP's Countdown to Victory rally this weekend. It was really fun...just a little taste of what it must be like at the McCain-Palin rallies. Pretty much all the big name Republicans were there...

Gov. Perdue took the podium, with everyone looking on: U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, Secretary of State Karen Handel, School Superintendent Kathy Cox, Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine, Rep. Tom Price, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, Rep. Phil Gingrey, GAGOP Chairwoman Sue Everhart, radio host Herman Cain.

Of course the star of the morning was U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss who is up for re-election this fall:

His wife Julianne gave a little intro before him, she was really cute.

I have to say my favorite speaker was Gov. Perdue. I really respect what he's done as governor, and he's always a great speaker (I got to meet him in college and he was just such a nice guy). My favorite part was when he mentioned Obama's paid volunteers leaving the state. Har har. And Isakson also gave some spirited remarks - "who does Charlie Gibson think he is anyway?" I also enjoyed the pledge of allegiance. I haven't done it in who knows how long...hey I am really proud to be an American and pledge my allegiance to our flag!

Oh and duh, the BEST part: John McCain called in. Interrupted Gov. Perdue's speech, Perdue was like "I didn't even bring my cell phone, who could be calling?" Then McCain said hello and the whole room erupted into cheers. Pretty cool. The first thing he said "how bout that Sarah Palin?" to which the room erupted into more cheers. It was a great, diverse crowd, young & old. And we got our McCain-Palin signs & bumper stickers :)

No comments: