Friday, September 26, 2008

review: Mancino's pizza

Mancino's Pizza & Grinders
date of visit: 9/20/08

kiwis:
taste: 3
service: 3
ambience: 3

This is an all around average pizza place. My dad & I picked up a pizza & wings to eat while we watched the Tenn/Florida game last weekend. It's right down the road from his apt and he's never eaten there.

The restaurant has your standard wooden booths, tables, pretty open, sports paraphenalia and flatscreen TVs. I like that you can see most of the kitchen behind the registers. The crust for the pizza is pretty flat, so if you are a crust lover like my dad (he likes to cut the crust off and leave the pizza), then you might not like this place so much. The toppings are really fresh and they put a lot on for the money. The wings are just average. Surprisingly, my dad said he'd prefer Papa John's...but I liked Mancino's better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry no sports paraphenalia in Mancino's. The photo's are black and whites of Knoxville done by a local artist! As far as pizza goes they have some of my favorite!

kiwi said...

aw i could have sworn i saw some UT stuff there...maybe I was just enthralled with watching the game on the big TV. thanks for the info :)

Anonymous said...

What big TV? Are you sure you got the name of the restaurant right. It does not sound like you are describing Mancino's.