Monday, September 29, 2008

freedom park

Last week, I decided to check out Freedom Park for a run. I had a hard time finding a good map of the trails to run...then during my run I figured out that I should have been looking up Stone Mountain runs on the PATH foundation website. And then once I found the PATH foundation maps, I realized I went totally off the measured trails after I started running along Ponce.

It was alright...pretty hilly. Not straight up hills, they were winding hills. But they were still a workout! I prefer flatter for longer runs. The scenery was pretty cool though. I ran through Freedom Park, the Carter Center, Candler golf course, along Ponce...the weather was nice & the trail is lighted. I haven't found many (if any) lighted trails in Atlanta. Although I hesitate to recommend running there at night...

Overall, it was a good experience, and I may run there again!

No comments: