Friday, August 8, 2008

review: pach's place

So before I get too far away from my too short vacation in FL...one last review. The last full day I was there, my aunt took me to Pach's Place. You can see their full menu there, but my favorite is this:



The weekend specialties menu! I almost got the lobster omelette, but instead went with the eggs benedict, a personal favorite indulgence of mine. My aunt got the southwestern omelette, which was good, and Ryan got a beef & cheese type omelette. Look how big they were! Plate size omelettes! Ryan looks scared.



Here's my eggs benedict:


So for kiwis...
taste: 4
ambience: 3
service: 3

The restaurant is located in a suite in an office type building...kind of strange. I guess that adds to the "hole in the wall" kind of mystique, although it's not really a hole in the wall. It is right along the bay though, so you get a good view of it going in and leaving. Does that count? It's pretty clean, but cramped. The decor could use some freshening up. Most of the wait staff seemed nice, but just average. It's definitely about the taste and amount of food you get for your money (which I think the pictures show better than words ever could). I definitely would like to go again and try one of the weekend specialties. They also serve lunch! Mmm.

No comments: