Wednesday, August 27, 2008

back to Cochran Shoals

So last week I blogged about discovering Cochran Shoals. This week, Ryan & I went back. I ran about 7 miles and then met up with Ryan for some hiking. It was really fun! I'm discovering that I really enjoy recreation. I haven't been this enthused about the great outdoors since my many years at summer camp...but now I'm really getting into biking, hiking, and hopefully canoeing soon!

The trails are pretty quiet, we didn't run into too many hikers. We did run into a runner! Unbelievable guy, running up some pretty rocky and vertical trails. Don't think I'll ever get to that point. Also ran into some crazy mountain bikers.

Anyway, here we are almost to the top of a small mountain:

Looking down on the running track beyond the pond:

The view from the top of our mountain:


Here I am on a "bridge" - that's what the map called it, but I beg to differ because it looks like a plank to me:

After we climbed down, we stopped by the Chattahoochee river and watched some ducks, geese, and a lone kayaker paddling upstream:

2 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

you two are CUTE! =D

Ryan Duckworth said...

I loved hiking that mountain. We should hike more often!