Monday, August 4, 2008

NYC comes to FL

For those of you who know me, I have a serious penchant for sweets. Well here I am to share 2 of those favorite sweet things with you, that I first discovered in my summer in NYC, and that I was privileged to rediscover and savor on my recent vacation. These both get 5 kiwis in my book!

Exhibit A:









Ah yes, Jamba Juice. I first encountered you in NYC, Times Square. Then I slurped you up every week on my lunch break. Then I pleasantly discovered other locations all over Manhattan and gleefully indulged in the Orange Berry Blitz. Then I came back to Georgia and mourned my loss. But then...I would visit you every time I went back to NYC...and then...I discovered you on Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdaled...and then! What joy...I found you 5 minutes away from my Aunt's house in Tampa. Yippee!!!











I love Jamba Juice because you walk in and just smell the freshness. Then you drink the freshness and it is amazing. The Orange Berry Blitz is by far the best smoothie I've had there, although it's not on the menu any more. You can still ask for it and they'll still make it though :)


Exhibit B:









Ah, yes. Frozen custard. I first tasted you in a cute little hut called the Shake Shack in Madison Square. When I wrote home about how delicious you were, one of my aunts in Bradenton told me about a little place called Sweet Berries. And so I knew I had to try you...and try I did! The concretes are the best, and you can turn the cup upside down without anything falling out. Thick, creamy, and utterly delicious.

Maybe I should move back to NYC...or move to Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your earrings! :p i want some concretes, they sound yummy!! :D