Friday, October 3, 2008

vice presidential debate

Watch the full debate if you missed it:

Full transcript here.

I don't know why people think these debates are boring (cough cough Lauren! hehe), this one was so entertaining. Especially when Palin says things like "Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again...Now doggone it, let's look ahead and tell Americans what we have to plan to do for them in the future." or "Darn right it was the predator lenders." It's so fun to see a "regular" American go up against this veteran Senator and hold her own.

I don't think Palin won though. I think she won in the sense that she really put herself out there. This is the real Palin, real straight talk to the American people. No editing, no gotcha questions. I think she won over a good part of America's heartland last night. But Biden was also really good. He had a lot more substance going on (but that's not necessarily in his favor. Check out his 14 lies from last night here). I think he won at saying what America wants to hear right now...a lot of people want the war to be over, want the economy fixed. Hey I'm all for that too! But I don't agree with the way Biden & Obama want to fix those problems. I want victory in war. I want less government intervention in the economy and in my paycheck. But I feel like a lot of Americans today are just tired, or lazy, or want the government just to do everything. We forget that freedom & prosperity come at a price, and the government is not the answer to all our problems.

These are some of my favorite Palin quotes:
"In fact, too often you're the problem so, government, lessen the tax burden and on our families and get out of the way and let the private sector and our families grow and thrive and prosper. An increased tax formula that Barack Obama is proposing in addition to nearly a trillion dollars in new spending that he's proposing is the backwards way of trying to grow our economy."

"Unless you're pleased with the way the federal government has been running anything lately, I don't think that it's going to be real pleasing for Americans to consider health care being taken over by the feds."

And as usual, we were at the Fulton GOP HQ to watch. We got there around 8:15 and all the seats were already taken! Crazy crowded! There's a breakfast & volunteer activities on Sat...anyone in?

Check out this awesome cookie cake & cookies:


Special guest GA GOP Chairman Sue Everhart was there talking before the debate:

No comments: