Monday, October 6, 2008

stuffing bags

So, when I was in college, I was a campus Tour Guide and also a Host for Connect with Tech. As a result, I got a lot of experience stuffing packets & folders full of literature about all the different majors, programs, services, student orgs etc. for our prospective students. It actually became one of my favorite things to do. There's something about mindlessly putting together colorful pieces of paper that I enjoy.

So imagine my delight when I volunteered at the Fulton Co GOP HQ on Saturday and was assigned the task of...stuffing bags!!! Yippee! :)

Of course, that wasn't all we did. There was a free breakfast, and Julianne Chambliss stumped for her husband. A bunch of other candidates were there stumping as well...the one that sticks out most in my mind is Chris McFadden, running for Appeals Court judge. He wrote the book on appeals in Georgia, so I don't know why anyone is bothering to run against him. He obviously knows his stuff! I kind of tuned out everyone, since I've already voted.

There were a bunch of older cute ladies with pink McCain-Palin tshirts on. They came on a charter bus and after breakfast went riding around campaigning. I hope when I'm old, I still have that energy and desire to serve.

Once everyone cleared out, we started our bag stuffing assembly line. We had a pretty good system going, and then teams of 3 would grab 100 bags and go out to the neighborhoods "stampeding" (going door to door). We were really campaigning for state Sen. Dan Moody that day, but we also packed literature for McCain, Susan Edlein, Tom Price, Perry McGuire, Mike Rary, and the Victory Dinner featuring Oliver North.

Here's my first 50 bags stuffed!


A glimpse of the assembly line:

No comments: