Wednesday, October 15, 2008

link of the day: Sukkot

Today is Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles, the last and most joyous feast of the Jewish calendar. Mart DeHaan talks about this day on his blog here. It is a great read, as it is not only about Sukkot but also an overview of all the Jewish feasts.

I like this link so much, because I got to the end and said "yes!" in my heart. I feel the same way Mart feels about the feasts & Jewish history/culture. Just so cool!

"I find the story of the Holidays of God as compelling as it is provocative. What a picture of provision, of history, of the work of the Messiah. Seven holidays. Seven reasons to stop, to think, and to remember that everything we have comes from God...

...Seven reasons to deepen our confidence in a Provider God, to take us back to our spiritual roots, and to prepare us for days which will come to pass."

No comments: