Monday, October 13, 2008

Perry

So I mentioned in my previous post that I went down South this weekend. It was awesome! One of my friend's family lives down in Perry, and she invited Ryan & I down for the weekend to go with her and some other cool peeps to the Georgia National Fair. Um, awesome!!! I love fairs. I love the country. I love good friends. So what more could I ask for in a weekend?

Well, how about a 13 mile run?

Yeahhhh! The weather was on the stinky side, drizzly and gloomy. But the air was cool, so that was good. The roads were long and flat, but there was a lot to look at and appreciate: pecan orchards, cows, horses, McCain-Palin signs, pick-up trucks, dirt roads. We're talkin farmland here people. Definitely a new experience for me. I can't say that I've ever run around farms & orchards before. I did 2 6.5 mile loops, and took 1 water/gel break in between. Phew! I'm still not very fast, but I'd say I'm not worried about finishing the 15k or half marathon. Weird that I can say that now! 13 miles...pshaw.

The only problem I had while running was the first 2 miles, my left lower leg was in excruciating pain. It felt like a dead, throbbing weight that I was dragging along. I probably should have stopped running. But I just slowed down and kept going, and the pain eventually subsided. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. It happened last week on a run too :( Maybe I just need to stretch more, or warm up more.

1 comment:

Bufyluver said...

Glad I could supply you with cows to watch while you run. Haha. I'm sorry about your leg. That's no good. I hope it gets better soon! Heroes post...coming up.