Friday, October 10, 2008

marathon update/link of the day

So! I haven't had much to say lately on the training front. Training is going well. I scaled back near the end of summer (combo of being lazy, hot weather, and not wanting to peak too soon), and now I'm hovering at long runs of 12-14 miles on the weekends. In November, I'll move up to 16-18 mile runs. 18 is technically the longest run I'll do in the training, but I think in December, I may try for a 20 or longer, just to break that mental barrier. We'll see!

Not this weekend but the next, I'll have my first race since the Peachtree. It's a 15k (~9 miles). The weekend after that will be my first half marathon. So October is really ramping up! =)

Let me know if you want to come along to any of the races, I always appreciate the cheering & encouragement pre/post race.
10/18 PTC 15k
10/26 Augusta Half Marathon
11/27 Atlanta Half Marathon
1/11/09 Disney Marathon

Speaking of Disney, I booked a room at the Contemporary for 1/10 & 1/11. Should be fun! We will probably transfer to a cheaper hotel the other days and hang around the parks after the marathon. Anyone want to come?

Which leads me to today's link: for 2009 you get free admission to Disney on your birthday. How cool is that?! Click here to register! And if you're lucky like my aunt, your birthday happens to be the same day as the marathon. So no excuses :)

No comments: