Thursday, October 16, 2008

review: Seven Sushi

Seven Sushi
date of visit: 10/10/08

kiwis:
taste: 3
service: 2
ambience: 3

So Seven Sushi replaced Fune Sushi in the Spire. They have a lunch buffet for $11.95, and it's much better than Fune's buffet. More selection, better tasting. But their regular menu is not as good as Fune's. So I will probably only go here for lunch, but that's ok since it was only ok.

I understand that they are "new" and this particular day, they were down a server who called in sick. But man, the service was horrible. We waited soooooooo long to get something to drink. That was very frustrating since we were gobbling up food off the conveyor belt with nothing to wash it down with.

Oh yeah...the conveyor belt. So so so cool. I love watching the food come & go around. We were luckily seated right in front of the sushi chef so as soon as he put something on the belt, we snatched it right up. Haha!

There was no nigiri or sashimi on the belt, only rolls, but they were good rolls. Rainbow, california, tuna, salmon, shrimp tempura (my fave!), super crunch. There was also a large selection of non-sushi items: potstickers (deeeelicious), teriyaki chicken (grilled & fried), fried rice, noodles, crab salad, salad with ginger dressing, desserts. I DO NOT recommend the cream puffs. I popped one into my mouth and it was FROZEN. Big no no!


But yeah, it's your average sushi place that gets bonus points for a cool conveyor belt and negative points for service. I definitely prefer it to RuSan's sushi buffet.

No comments: