Wednesday, July 30, 2008

review: Sandbar


Sandbar Restaurant
date of visit: 7/25/08

kiwis:
taste: 4
service: 3
ambience: 5

I guess the ambience category isn't really fair here, seeing as this is a restaurant directly on the beach! As in...my feet were touching sand the entire time I ate. Oh so wonderful.


The food is really good & fresh, the only downsides are parking and a slightly rude waitstaff. They rope off the parking lots and only open them as the other lots get full. This is to deter anyone from using the lot to park on the beach. I understand this, but I think they guy they hire as Parking Nazi over the lot is a bit much & intimidating enough to make you not want to eat there. Then the waitstaff is a bit uptight, short in manner and not much for small talk.


But really, the food is great. I had the Blackjack Mahi Mahi - mahi mahi blackened with bacon & cheese and fries. It was cooked perfectly and had just the right spice to it. And as we all know, bacon makes everything delicious. The fries were good too, I'm not sure what seasoning they use but it really makes the fries great. My aunt got a grouper sandwich which I have tried in the past and can attest to its greatness. My cousin got a turkey club sandwich, which was huge and probably tasted good (I didn't try). We were too full for dessert but we did return later...

For some amazing pina coladas! Maybe the best I've ever had...I just needed a paper umbrella! =)

1 comment:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

sounds like you're having a nice summer! :) miss you!