Thursday, July 24, 2008

review: el pollo loco


el pollo loco
date of visit: 7/22/08
kiwis:
taste: 4.5
service: 3
ambience: n/a

Wow! this is my new favorite place! On a rainy Tuesday evening, I decided I was too tired to cook and too wet to go inside anywhere. Hence the convenient & newly opened El Pollo Loco (on Cobb Parkway).

They are all about their flame grilled chicken, so I got the 3 piece meal with pinto beans & rice. I was also starving at this point so I got a cheese quesadilla to eat on the road. I give them a 3 for service because the drive thru took a long time. At least 10 min. I'm used to the 2 min Chick-fil-a drill (the only other fast food I will eat). But it was totally worth it. My meal only cost $10 and the food was great. If you served it on a nice glass plate with silverware, I don't think you would know it was fast food! The chicken was so juicy and flavorful, the beans were cooked perfectly, and the rice was good, although a little dry. I was even impressed with the crispyness of the tortilla on the outside, while staying soft on the inside of the quesadilla. Mmmm...

So for those of you who know me, I eat at Chick-fil-a at least once a week...but now you may find me at El Pollo Loco!!!

And there are many more locations coming! 50 in the next 6 yrs...crazy...crazy chicken that is!

No comments: