Thursday, July 31, 2008

extended vacation

So after I ran 12 miles last week, I went to Florida for a short vacation. When I came back, I had a hard time getting back into running.

Then last night, I went for a run, and I got stung by an insect (probably a yellow jacket) TWICE on my left foot. My ankle swelled up & turned purple. I hobbled back to my apt & Ryan took care of me with some ice, benadryl, cortisone, the works. (thank you!) But talk about unlucky! So I've decided that this is the perfect time for an extended vacation from running. It's hot...it rains a lot in the evenings...I get stung by insects, you know, the typical excuses :)

Keep me accountable though. Next week, I really want to start running again, and this time, in the early mornings! It's the only way to beat the heat & rain, and it's just better for the body overall. I just have a reeeeeally hard time waking up early. Not a morning person! Any advice?

1 comment:

Bufyluver said...

Eat cake...that will wake you up...kinda negates the running part..but oh well...ITS CAKE! Yum!