Thursday, July 24, 2008

a change of pace & place

so today I reached another milestone - 12 miles! Very exciting, and very painful. I ran from 8:30-10:30 this morning, and 12 hours & several ibuprofen later my kneecaps are still hurting.

A couple days ago I had the opportunity for a run in Peachtree City. My next race is there in a couple months, so I thought it'd be good to get a sneak peek. I have to say it was really nice! Just to get out of Atlanta for one thing, and then to have fresh air to breathe was great. Then, Peachtree City is known for their golf carts - everyone has one. So this presented 2 good things for me: nice golf cart paths to run on, and then lots of moments of laughter every time I saw a golf cart driving around. It's just such a different world down there, it makes me laugh. You wouldn't believe the different golf carts that exist.

So, I am looking forward to my 15k in October! Can't wait to check out more of the paths.

1 comment:

Bufyluver said...

Crazy bubble city with golf-cart crazy people!!!