Tuesday, July 1, 2008

happy birthday america

To celebrate July 4th, Independence Day, I decided it would be cool to have a patriotic quote or the like each day this month. Nothing big! Just to remind us daily of what we have here in America, and maybe get you in the patriotic spirit! Most of the quotes will probably be from what I've read in Our Sacred Honor, which I think is a must-read/must-have for any American family. It's a great compilation of letters, documents, poetry, stories, etc from our founding fathers on different themes. I think I may have mentioned it in a previous post. Thank you Bill Bennett.

What better way to start than with the Declaration of Independence...


We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

from the Declaration of Independence, Preamble
July 4 1776

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you do a quote from Thomas Paine. I like him. He's patriotic, right? Excellent musings, btw. :)