Wednesday, July 30, 2008

more reason for me to not watch the Olympics

China is reneging on their promises - surprised? No.

Just more reason for me to not watch the Olympics this year. I don't understand why our country isn't boycotting this. Oh wait...maybe it's because China owns so much of the United States? I don't know :( But how can you support a Communist country who wants to restrict the press coverage of the event?

My favorite is the quote at the end of the article, where a reporter from Communist Cuba is even surprised at how controlling China is being:

Cuban reporter Joel Garcia Leon, with the magazine Trabajadores, said he expected the censorship. But he was overwhelmed by other red tape.

"I'm surprised how tightly controlled and complicated everything is here," he said. "To get a phone number from China Mobile, I have to give them a copy of my passport and my mother's maiden name. This seems quite excessive and abnormal."

No comments: