Monday, November 24, 2008

16 mile plateau & link of the day

So I have reached the 16 mile plateau! I did it yesterday, back & forth W. Paces Ferry Rd. I have to say the first 6 were a breeze (maybe the 10k is my strongest run?). When I got to 12, I was starting to feel the pain. Miles 13-15 were painful (my little toe was bleeding :(!). Mile 16 was a little easier, because I knew I was at the end! Amazing what the mental aspect can do for you. I am so happy to be at this point in my training, although I was dreading it. I mean, 16 miles is a lot! But now that's one down, 2 more 16-milers to go. Then 18, then 20. Then marathon. When I think of it that way, each milestone becomes less heavy. Pushing the limits and watching myself break through...it's such an exciting time! It really reminds me why I decided to do this in the first place. I really wanted to challenge myself - mind, body & soul. Do something completely crazy, but still reachable. It's so rewarding to see what this goal has done for me in all aspects of my life. I have no idea how much more I will grow in the coming weeks, but I'm staying positive and excited about what these long & longer runs will bring!

I had a little incident on the way that caused me to take a little break...ask me personally if you want to know the details. It's pretty hilarious but I don't know that I should share my little escapade with the world.

And link of the day - I joined the Clif bar (even though I really don't like their products...see gel post) pace team for the Disney Marathon. Now I can run with a group and make sure I finish in under 5 hours. I thought this link was particular cool - make your own pace bracelet! So when you hear splits called out, you'll know if you're on or off your time.

No comments: