Thursday, November 20, 2008

Romney on Friday

I heard Mitt Romney on Hugh Hewitt last night - had some really great things to say. And what do you know...Gov. Romney will be here in Georgia Friday stumping for Sen. Chambliss. And he's making not one, but two! appearances. Too bad I will miss it! If you go, let me know, take some pics, etc etc.

Please Join
Senator Saxby Chambliss
&
Governor Mitt Romney

Atlanta Victory Rally 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
10:30 am - 11:30 am

InterContinental Hotel
Venetian Ballroom
3315 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326

Savannah Victory Rally 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Charles H. Morris Center
10 East Broad Street
Savannah, GA 31401

Please RSVP to RSVP-at-saxby-dot-org or call (678)589-4888
Please arrive on time.


And! I wrote our senators and such about my feelings of opposition to the bailout...got this response from Sen. Chambliss (curiously nothing from Isakson, Lewis, Bush...so Saxby gets bonus points there).

Thank you for contacting me regarding a financial rescue of the automakers. It is good to hear from you.

The automobile industry has deep seated problems that cannot only be solved by more money. Instead, a restructuring of the industry is needed. I am not in favor of using taxpayer funds to bailout the industry.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my website at: www.chambliss.senate.gov . Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

No comments: