Thursday, November 13, 2008

relax then recover

So I went on vacation and relaxed for a week (if you count working on a campaign as relaxing). I had a nice 4 mile run on Bayshore Blvd. Unfortunately, it was the day after the election so I wasn't in the best of spirits. I got it done though. Then the real relaxing came...aka eating my way through Florida (Frontier Steakhouse, poolside cookout at my aunt's house, Epcot Food & Wine festival, Sweet Bay Grocery, MacDill AFB restaurant - can't remember name...).

But all good things must come to an end, and as I returned to Ga this week, with high hopes of getting back into running...bam! I got a cold. That's what happens when you go from 80 degrees and sunny to 60 degrees and drizzly. Yuck. Needless to say, it's been over 2 weeks since I last got a serious run in. This has been a recovery week.

Please pray that I get better soon and get back into running this weekend or next week! I have a half marathon in 2 wks! A marathon in less than 2 months. Freaking out!!!

And a personal note...I thought I was going to catch up on posts while I was in Fl. But, I didn't. And now I'm even farther behind. haha. So it goes! Maybe some day I will catch up on everything!

No comments: