Wednesday, February 6, 2008

running break

So I was about to update links for my previous post...but then I thought it would be better to have a quick break to talk about running. Don't want to get too burned out on politics this early in the year ;)

While in Augusta Monday night, I went for a run around the neighborhood. How different it was from my regular runs around GT and Atlanta Memorial Park!

- the air - it smells soooo good! I can't even tell you how good it smells. I seriously did a little leap from my driveway to the street I was so happy when I smelled the air. It just has this sweet fragrance to it that you never ever get in Atlanta because of all the pollution.
- the quiet - it was only 9:30ish when I went for a run, and I saw 2 cars the entire time I was out. Everything was still...I heard crickets.
- stars! I saw stars!!!!
- insanely hard hills. Let's just say I was gasping for air after the last hill up to my house. I had forgotten how steep they can be. But when you're done, you feel awesome!

Bottom line - running in Augusta is a lot more fun than running in Atlanta. You just feel better while you're doing it! Breathing is easier, your legs feel lighter, maybe you even get a spring in your step. Or maybe I was just happy to be home :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

corrie---i love you!! reading your blog is about the only thing that puts a genuine smile on my face c: i think i was more glad you came home than you were! there is nobody else on this planet that could have inspired me to wake up at the crack of dawn to vote :P hehe i lovis yes! can't wait to see you saturday, birthday girl! :D