Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Downtown Dash for Diabetes

Ok now that the 10K is done, time to look forward to my next race! My sorority's alumnae chapter is running in the Downtown Dash for Diabetes. Juvenile diabetes is part of our national philanthropy. And, my dad has diabetes, so yet again, here we have a race that I feel passionate about!

My fundraising goal was $200, and I just surpassed it yesterday! So yay, that is very exciting! But, that's no reason to stop raising $, and we have yet to reach our team goal of $500. So please visit my page if you'd like to contribute to a great cause! Proceeds benefit the Diabetes Association of Atlanta, and their mission is "Improving the quality of life for people with diabetes through screening, education, and medical assistance in a caring, responsive way."

It's just a 5K so I'm looking forward to it, not quite as nervous as I was for the 10K. Isn't that funny? I would never imagined myself ever thinking "It's just a 5K." How far I've come...and how far I've yet to go!

No comments: