Friday, February 15, 2008

review: Six Feet Under


date of visit: 2/15/08


kiwis:

taste - 3.5

service - 4

ambience - 4


Mmmm I love seafood. My coworkers took me here for a late birthday lunch. We actually wanted to go to Carvers but it was closed! So this was our back-up. I wasn't disappointed though! We visited the Westside location on 11th Street. Getting into the parking lot/valet (complimentary) was a little tricky. We entered the restaurant to see a very busy lunch crowd. We were promptly seated though, no wait. Had a booth near the bar, which looked very cool, very open. Apparently there is also a rooftop patio that I'll have to check out when it gets warmer.


Our server was awesome, very attentive and shared his favorite picks on the menu. I don't really like catfish, but he said they are known for it, so I tried it. I had the combo taco plate - 1 each of fried calamari, blackened shrimp and catfish. The fried calamari taco was my favorite! Followed by the shrimp, and the catfish. The calamari was very tender, and the cojita cheese complimented it very well. The shrimp alone was very good, but the cucumber wasabi and fried leeks were kind of a strange taste. I didn't think it really complimented the shrimp. But still good. The catfish...was good for catfish. I just don't like catfish that much. The tacos came with a side of salsa (nothing to write home about) and homemade potato chips. The chips were pretty good, especially the ones that were like whole air bubbles. mmm.

My coworkers had a veggie plate and a crabcake po boy. The crabcake po boy was huge, basically exploding with food. The veggie plate didn't look too bad either, the fried okra was actually whole okra, not the tiny little slices.

And one last note, the first cup of sweet tea I had was pretty average. But the refill...oh my goodness. The nectar of the gods. I had to get a to go cup, I just couldn't bear to see such great sweet tea go to waste!

I will definitely be back, good food and such a big, diverse menu. There are so many things I want to try!

No comments: