Tuesday, April 15, 2008

review: seasons 52

Seasons 52
date of visit: 4/11/08

kiwis:
taste: 4
service: 4.5
ambience: 5

We went to Seasons 52 last week for Meg's birthday - it was delicious! I've always wanted to try this place, ever since I heard about their 300-calorie-or-less dessert shots. Mmmm...more on those later!

The host & our server were pretty much impeccable! I only give our server a 4.5 because I was a little baffled at the timing of the meal. The table ordered flatbreads, and then Ryan & I got the tune appetizer. Both came out pretty quickly (the tuna came out almost on top of the flatbread). But then we waited a while to give our dinner order...and then for dinner to come out...and then for our server to come back and let us order dessert. Just a minor complaint :) I just got really restless waiting to get dessert because I was so excited about it! I did get a black napkin to go over my black dress, so you know this is a classy place. The seared tuna appetizer was delicious! Comparable to Gladstone's in Malibu, just smaller pieces.

Cool thing - everyone at our table ordered something different. When does that ever happen? And everyone seemed pretty satisfied with their choices.

I chose the cedar plank salmon. It was cooked pretty well, and the cedar flavor was really good. It was a really big portion too, I was surprised. Since their thing is that all their entrees are less than 475 calories, I figured I'd be getting a baby-sized serving. But I had a large serving, and the fish seemed really fresh. However, I wasn't a fan of the vegetables. They were kinda shriveled and tasteless. Then I tried Ryan's citrus chicken. It was really juicy! yum!

And then...dessert. They bring out all the shot glass desserts on a rack, and offer for you to just buy the whole rack. I think next time I will just come for dessert and buy them all. Each shot glass is $2.25 and a scrumptious 2 bites. Maybe 3. But each bite is flavorful & rich. Surprising for only 300 calories right? I tried the amaretto-almond cake. The cake was airy and the cream was real. (I have this thing with fake cream. I only eat real whipped cream. As in heavy whipping cream whipped with sugar til firm.) Ryan had tiramisu. The coffee taste was too overwhelming for me. But it was still cute hehe. I wish I hadn't been so full by the end or I would defintely have tried more! But now I have an excuse to go back :)


No comments: