Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ILLEGAL immigration

I listened to some of Mike Gallagher during my lunch break today. I thought he made a great point. People go around saying these immigrants are just undocumented, and what's the big deal about immigration? Well the big deal is that it's ILLEGAL immigration.

Some of you may wonder, jeez, why are you so upset about it? Well, I'll tell you why. I myself am the daughter of an immigrant. And not just any immigrant. He was a LEGAL immigrant. He waited in line and took the tests. He OBEYED our country's laws. He believed in the American dream and made a name for himself the American way. He worked really hard to get to where he is today, and I am so proud of him.
So do I think it's fair that there are thousands of people who enter our country illegally and get all the benefits of a legal American without having to do anything? I don't think so! If you want to be an American, get in line. Obey our laws. If you don't want to do it this way, and you're here illegally, you should be deported. Because you're ILLEGAL. Hellooooooo has anyone heard of LAW before?

And that is my rant for the day.

No comments: