Wednesday, April 2, 2008

review: olde towne tavern & grille

Olde Towne Tavern & Grille
Suwanee, GA - 3/29

kiwis:
taste: 4.5
service: 4
ambience: 4

I love this place. I will have to try out the Marietta location soon, it's the closest one to me. We went here for a best friend's birthday and it was great! At first you think it's going to be another upscale, pretentious sports bar, because it looks sooo nice. Flat screen HD tvs everywhere, dark hard wood furnishing, really nice ambience. Then you meet the staff, who are so nice and all smiles. (Just a little slow on seating or I'd give them a 5.) Then you open the menu and stare in shock at how inexpensive the food is. ($4.99 for an 8" pizza! 6 slices. I only ate 2 and saved the rest for lunch the next day.) And then you get the food and it is...AMAZING.

We ordered wings - medium buffalo and the house special lemon pepper. The medium was just right in spiciness, and the lemon pepper was so fresh. But the best part is the wings, they are huge! So meaty & juicy, cooked just right. We had a large party and our food came out so fast, we didn't have to wait long at all. My pizza was really great, delicious toppings, right amounts of cheese & sauce, and the hand tossed crust was awesome. I don't know what it was but the crust just had something extra to it that was soooo tasty. Cooked to a perfect golden brown. Ryan had steak, which I didn't try but looked pretty good, but I did try his Burgundy mushrooms, and they were deeeeelicious. Yummmmmm.

Great food, great prices, great service, great atmosphere. The perfect place to go to watch any sports event yet not too loud or obnoxious to still have a good time with friends.

Although...I wonder why they felt the need to put an "e" at the end of every word in their name, hehe.

No comments: