Tuesday, April 8, 2008

review: sconyers

Sconyers BBQ
date of visit: 4/5/08

kiwis:
taste: 5
service: 5
ambience: 4

Sconyers is pretty much my favorite bbq in Augusta. There's so much history too that you just can't help but admire! The parking lot is a gravel hill, and the building is a log cabin style house with a small pond in front. We stopped to look at some funny turkey ducks:



We went for my mom's birthday this past weekend and were seated upstairs alongside some other birthday tables. I gave it a 4 on ambience only because the flourescent lights upstairs are a little harsh on the eyes, and our chairs were a little sticky. But otherwise, you get the nice homey feel. Our server was awesome, handled our large party well, was good on refills, and made sure our food came out quickly. I was impressed! But of course, I expect nothing less from Sconyers.

Ryan & I split the Plantation Platter. Only attempt to eat this alone if you haven't eaten for a day or two. It is soooo good. Chopped pork, chicken, beef, ribs, hash & rice, and potato salad. Can you ask for anything more? And every single bite was perfect. Especially the hash. I could eat that every day.

Here's what we had leftover (between 2 people):


Here's Holly's reaction to how good the food is:


And here are some of the beautiful azaleas out front. A little taste of what it must be like at Augusta National this time of yr:

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice blog, do chk me out one day if u can, u may like this. a penchant 4 commitment and do leave a comment and add feel free to add me to your blog roll

btw My book release party will be held at the M-Bar - April 24, 2008 from 7 to 10pm
257 Peters Street, Atlanta,

Anonymous said...

oh whatever! don't make me do my model face next time :p