Monday, April 7, 2008

from worst to first

So I ran the Downtown Dash for Diabetes 5K this past Saturday. It rained the entire time. SO fun.


This is the view from the car where I spent most of my "warm-up" time. Basically we got there around 7:15, I registered, got my # and t-shirt, and then we sat in the car for an hour watching the rain come down.



Here we have Chauncey Davis of the Atlanta Falcons leading us in some pre-race calisthenics. Think jumping jacks. It was fun :)






Ready set go! Can you spot me & Jennifer? We were the only 2 that made it from our team of 10. Yes, we are hardcore.






Approaching the finish line in a sprint! It caught me by suprise...I turned left on to Auditorium Place and there was the finish line! I wasn't expecting it so soon.




through the finish line and into the chute








Jennifer & I after the race, soaking wet, but happy to be done! AGD represent :)






The race was actually fun, despite the rain. At first, I was dreading it and I just wanted it to be over. I ran pretty slow (or at least I thought I was going slow) because it was just so miserable. The rain kept pouring down my face and my jacket was soaked all the way through. I can't even count the number of puddles I splashed through. But it was pretty neat running around the Capitol and running down to Oakland Cemetery. Even if we couldn't run through it due to tornado damage, it was still a pretty scenic run. Lots to look at! There was a barefoot runner who wore jeans. Crazy man!

And get this...I won 1st place in my age group! I didn't even think about sticking around for awards since I didn't feel like I even tried. But now you know a 1st place racer. Haha! Thanks to Jennifer, she picked up my plaque and once I get it, I'm very sure you will see a picture. I must have been the only one in my age group. Hehehe!

1 comment:

Ryan Duckworth said...

Wow!! You have a great photographer!