Tuesday, March 4, 2008

review: noshville deli

I was so excited about going to Nashville and eating some real local Tennessee food. We were going to try out the Pancake Pantry, but the line was just too long and we were starving! Well, we went to a New York deli for our first lunch out. haha! It's all good because Juli hadn't been to the Noshville Deli yet & always wanted to go.


The Noshville Deli was also busy, but we didn't have to wait too long to be seated. The service was just ok. What we found most interesting were the pickles sitting in an open bowl at the table. I know this is typical of NY delis, so I thought it was cool. I personally don't like pickles but Juli & Kayley tried them. They were pretty much cucumbers sitting in pickle juice. I guess that's good? I can't really comment on that.



I ordered a reuben, and it was delicious!! Chock full of corned beef, cheese melted so perfectly, sauerkraut tasted awesome. My only complaint is that while the bread was toasted just right, it was a little too greasy. The fries were pretty good. Another complaint is that my Diet Coke cost $2.29! Isn't that a little expensive for a Coke?! But the meal hit the spot =)

Juli & Kayley had burgers that were just huge. I wish I had taken a picture.

After the meal I got some black & white cookies to go for Ryan. He affirmed that they were authentic NY style, cakey & delicious.

I really liked the atmosphere, I did feel like I was in a NY deli. Loved the neon lights and the bakery area. The clientele is fun to watch too.


kiwis:


taste: 3
service: 3
ambience: 3.5 - great for people watching!


See? We are happy eaters =)

No comments: