Wednesday, March 26, 2008

foot

My foot hurts. Just like, the ball of my right foot. It's really bizarre, but it's been hurting for a while now. It doesn't hurt, and then all of a sudden, a shot of pain goes through. Or it gets really tender when I walk or run on it.

I read through a bunch of webpages on running injuries yesterday, and the closest thing I could find to what I feel is bruised or broken sesamoids. But the descriptions I've read say to squeeze or pull up on your big toe, and if that's very painful, you probably have the sesamoid problem. But I did that, and I didn't feel any pain. Then I read up on sesamoiditis, but that is described as a dull, longstanding pain. But this is more of random, sharp pain. So who knows what it could be? It must be my sesamoids!

I tried soaking in epsom salts, and taking 2 days in a row off running (I usually try not to let more than 1 rest day go by). But it doesn't seem any better. And if I compare my right foot to the left, they both look the same. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I guess I should go see a doctor. Sigh.

No comments: