Friday, March 21, 2008

i got in!

Peachtree Road Race, here I come!

At first, I was really scared to enter, because it's the largest 10K in the world, and you run with 55,000 people. Talk about intimidating and claustrophobic. But then I figured, I should just do it, at least once. It's an Atlanta tradition, you get a "coveted" tshirt, and if I hate it, I never have to do it again. And I'll get to tell my chlidren some day, I ran in the largest 10K in the world. Although I'm sure by that time, it may not be the largest 10K any more. Who knows?

But they cashed my check, so I'm doing it. Yippee!!

I only regret that I didn't get my 10K time down so I could be in a better seed group. :(

3 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

how fun! i wanna do it one year too - just to say i have. my dad and sister did it a couple years ago. and definitely cool that you'll always have the shirt! =)

Ryan Duckworth said...

congrats! I'm very proud of you. ill be cheering you on at the finish line here too, if they let me! lol

Anonymous said...

congrats!! found your blog through the complete running blog network. i'm shooting for the 09 p'tree.