Tuesday, January 27, 2009

disney marathon: expo

So I have put off blogging about the Disney Marathon because it is so much to process personally. I'm still thinking about it and thinking, "wow, did I really do it?" It's kind of a hard place to be in, at the finish line, and there's nothing after it. What do I do next? Do I keep running? Are there more marathons in the future? What life goal am I going to tackle next? It's strange to have worked on something for almost a whole year, and to have finally accomplished it...what's next? I didn't plan for after.

So I will blog about it bit by bit. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my running journey as much as I enjoyed every experience, good and bad.

Our first stop of Marathon Weekend...the Expo!

This is where I had to turn in a waiver promising not to sue Disney for anything, and then get my bib and commemorative tech shirt. We got there before it officially opened and there was already a big line to get into the Milk House (weird name but Milk is the sponsor, as in "got milk?" people, hence Milk House).


Lining up by bib number...

Got my waiver ready!

Starting to freak out a little bit! I can't believe I'm in a line that says "Marathon"!!!


After the Milk House, we headed over to t-shirt pick-up. It was in a different building than bib pick-up, the Jostens Center. On the way there, we signed the Cigna/Sharpie Inspiration Wall. It was fun, people put encouraging messages all over the boards. Later in the marathon, they appeared along the course, I want to say around mile 20. Can you see the messages Ryan & I left?



TONS of vendors! I bought a new fanny pack and Ryan & I made signs at the Sharpie table. We also checked out the Coast to Coast challenge (run the Orlando Disney marathon & LA Disneyland half marathon in one year).

I bought a shirt with Mickey and "I did it! 26.2" with the "route" through all 5 parks on the back. Yeah, I was confident. :)




2 comments:

Bufyluver said...

Yippie!!! Congrats again! I'm so proud!! *tear*. Your life goals are so much better than mine! Mine are just to watch TV all week. Haha!! Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

yay . . . another milestone . .. another goal met! Way to go, Kiwi!

luv ewe - tatay B-)