Thursday, January 8, 2009

4 days

Ok my countdown is a little off. I don't do math any more so I have problems counting apparently! Technically what's left is today, Fri, Sat, then marathon. So 3 days and then the marathon is on the 4th day. So I guess I am counting down to the end of that 4th day, when I can truly say "I am a marathoner." Hehe.

Here is my absolute favorite part of my marathon training book (The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer). I keep thinking it over in my head in preparation for Sunday.

So, when the fatigue comes, you will use your visualization and your positive self-talk and your concentration. And you will go on. And if you need to walk, you will walk with your head up and a steady, proud look in your eyes because you will know that you are doing what you set out to do, and that is complete this marathon. And you will not feel defeated. You will feel triumphant and you will go all the way to the finish line and you will cross it with joy and ecstasy and a feeling of achievement like you've never felt before. And that's the way it's going to be, because you have already decided that is how it's going to be and you make your own reality.

So, what is the answer to the question of what happens psychologically at the wall? Whatever you decide will happen, that's what. And what you have decided is that you are going to knock that wall down. You always do. You have been doing it every week. And you will do it again on marathon day. Because you are a marathoner.

2 comments:

Meg said...

You're running probably right now! Good luck! I'm praying for you! And have fun :)

Anonymous said...

I prayed and it was answered . . . you reached another milestone of your life.

And best wishes.

love - dad B-)