Tuesday, June 24, 2008

inspiration

Last week, when I was really down about running, I had a spark of inspiration. I was running the Pi Mile at GT, and out of nowhere, I saw someone who has inspired me since my 2nd year of college. Walt Smith was there at the corner of Brittain and 4th! I had to stop and talk =) And after our talk, I definitely had an extra spring in my step and smile on my face.

Walt is the trainer for the GT baseball team, and he's worked with them for a verrrry long time. I would always stand next to him in the dugout when I was a bat/ball girl, and we'd talk about the game, etc. My favorite story is my very last game I was working, I bought Walt a big bag of M&Ms, his favorite. He eats them every game. Just as he started to open them, 2 players ran into each other in the outfield. The M&Ms exploded everywhere into the dugout. I was so bummed, my parting gift to him and it went on the ground. But he had a job to do, and his instinct and speedy getting out on the field was crazy!

We had a good talk, about what I was up to these days, about how maybe next year will be they year for Tech baseball, and how he saw me at the one GT game I went to this yr at Russ Chandler. Good talk...miss those college days.

No comments: