Thursday, June 12, 2008

cnn makes me mad

Sometimes I read the headlines on CNN and they make me nauseous.

But then I remember that more people watch Fox News in the morning, and that CNN isn't that far ahead in primetime, and I feel better.

Case in point...today in CNN's Political Ticker we have the lovely headline "Poll shows Obama with economy edge." Obama leads McCain in a poll (like polls even matter right now) over who would be better leading the economy by 6% lead, with +/-3%.

5 paragraphs, count 'em, 5 paragraphs extolling Obama and using words like "troublesome" and "warning sign" for McCain. And then you get to Paragraph 6 and we read "The new poll doesn't offer McCain all bad news however." Where we read that McCain leads the poll in regards to foreign policy by a much bigger margin - 11%. I'd say that's better than "not bad news". I'd say that's probably good news?

There are several other parts of this "article" that upset me, but I don't think something so minor deserves my time to pick it apart and just get more angry. The point is that from the get go, there is a positive Obama slant, and a not so positive McCain slant.

Let me fill you in on the preceding posts to the Ticker for today (and my comments of course!):

McCaskill interested in VP?
VP for Obama...the media is all over this! I've only heard one thing about McCain's VP...that he had 3 candidates out to Arizona. I've heard nothing since. Have you? Yet every day I hear of another new possible candidate for Obama. Where is the balance?
Blitzer: Next president will dictate court's future
Yeah, this is scary. Please please please we need judges who practice restraint!!! That is not gonna happen if Obama wins.
Cafferty: Why won’t Congress consider impeaching Pres. Bush?
Um, what? Really? I don't even have a comment for this.
McCain goes after second Obama VP vetter
yeah, and I don't blame him. But I love the language "goes after" like McCain is being vicious or something without cause.
Obama reminds voters of McCain's '100 years' comment
And now we thank you, CNN, for reminding us too. I would also like to remind you that he didn't mean literally a 100 years! Duh.
Clinton advisor blames strategy disagreements, money for loss
Is this even news?
Polls: Obama extending lead over McCain
Another meaningless poll. It's only June people!!
Nicholson the kiss of death for prez candidates?
Again...is this even news? Who cares what Nicholson thinks or does? What makes him a political expert, or anyone in Hollywood for that matter?
Obama confronts Internet rumors with new Web site
I think this is funny, he's trying to police the internet. Freedom of speech anyone? I heard on the radio that the reason they're doing this isn't even Obama...it's his wife Michelle! They're afraid of all the foot in mouth comments she makes. haha.
Paul: 'People will have a chance' with Barr
Ok.
Analysis: Democrats woo disaffected evangelicals
hmmm
Carville: Gore would make a great vice president…again
This one made me laugh. ...again. Please no Gore, no energy czar. This is the same guy that has a huge mansion that eats up more energy in a day than I do in one year.
McCain 'pleasantly surprised' by Iraqi leader
Sounds like CNN is surprised.

yeah...CNN. Like I said...makes me nauseous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The left wing media is deathly afraid of -- and leaving unsaid -- Alaska Gov Sarah Palin as McCain's Veep. That's one reason you've heard nothing from them.

Meg said...

Yeah, I've been extremely disgusted with CNN's "Political Ticker". It has lately been making me want to just laugh really hard, and then I don't, because I realize that so much of America is being so easily swayed by the media.

And you hear MUCH more about Fox News not being objective than CNN. And I'd say CNN is farther left than Fox is right.