Wednesday, April 22, 2009

rutabagas

Today I tried rutabagas for the first time ever! (Forgive me mom, if you've made rutabagas when I was younger and don't remember.) Anyway, they were very interesting! It's hard to describe/compare them to anything since I've never had them before! I think that I liked them though. Of course, I got them at a very trustworthy place, Carver's, the reigning king of Southern food in Atlanta, in my humble opinion. I still don't even know what rutabagas are, but I found this awesome website - Advanced Rutabaga Studies Institute - headquartered in the rutabaga capital of the world. Haha. Awesome.

So who loves rutabagas? Who can even really describe how they taste?

3 comments:

howis said...

i don't recall mom making rutabagas either, you'll have to cook some for me hehe c: my mouth is always open. :D lol how did you cook them?

kiwi said...

i didn't cook them, Carver's did. Haha. I don't know if I could ever cook them as good!

Raegan said...

There are some yummy sounding recipes on foodnetwork.com for mashed rutabegas. I think they're better for you than potatoes. Or is it potatos? I never know!