Friday, May 9, 2008

the last 5K

Tomorrow I will be running my last 5K of the year! Crazy right? Time goes by so incredibly fast...and I can't believe that from here, it's only getting longer & longer!

How do I feel at this turning point...relieved & scared all at the same time. These 5Ks, while not really hard, have definitely taken a toll on my training schedule & my social life. I usually reserve the weekend for my long runs, but when you have a short, fast, early morning run, you don't really feel like doing much else. That in combination with having to block out my Friday nights & Saturday days, missing out on fun times with friends, makes me really really glad that I don't have any more races for a while! And that from here on out, they're few & far between.

But then that leaves me a little scared...it's an very uphill battle from here til next January. No looking back! No more easy 5K runs...onward & upward. Starting next week, I don't even have 5K runs in my training schedule. Yikes!

Anyway it's the 5th Annual Hope Springs Eternal 5K. I'm not too sure on the details, I'm running it & Turner covered the registration fee. A co-worker convinced me to sign up for it...and now she can't even do it, haha. But, it will be fun! A good cause and I have to appreciate corporate responsibility.

No comments: