Monday, May 4, 2009

yikes...

So I ran a marathon...and then I've worked out maaaaybe 5 times since then. That's being generous. Well today I took a fitness assessment because next Monday, I'm starting boot camp at my company's athletic club. I'm a little nervous - it's going to be hard, and it's going to be at 7 am every weekday morning. I'm not much of a morning person.

Anyway, what is really "yikes" is that my fitness assessment today has revealed that I've gained at least 10 lbs since the marathon, and my body composition is 30% fat! Yuck. I need to lose at least 20 lbs to be in the ideal % fat. This has definitely been a sobering day for me. Who knew running for almost a yr, stopping for 4 months, that I could be in such terrible shape? :(

So here's hoping I can change things around. I'm going to try to start waking up early this wk in prep for next wk, and maybe get some good workouts before boot camp starts. Another adventure is starting! It will be fun to have something to blog about again, anyway :)

1 comment:

Raegan said...

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago...my body fat %age was about the same. Maybe a little more. I wanted to cry. Here was how it went "Are you dating anyone?" "No." "Your BMI is in the normal range, but your body fat is a little high. Add some strength training." Great! If I lose all the fat I need to lose, I won't have hips....hmm....